Boat Harbour is idyllic. It is not only the most beautiful place on the north coast of Tasmania but one of the most beautiful and unspoilt beaches in Australia. The holiday village, located on the side of a gentle hill which tumbles down to a pure white beach with rocky headlands on either side, looks like an advertisement for paradise. The sea is intensely green and blue, the beach so clean, the rolling hills are green and fertile, and the village is sleepy and peaceful. Boat Harbour Beach is famed for its fine white sands which have been weathered from the quartzite rocks which are common along this section of the coastline. The beach is firm and clean and the offshore waters are ideal for diving. The village exists in a micro climate where frosts are unknown and plants from the tropics grow in the local gardens.
With Killynaught as your base you'll be looking for things to do in Tasmania, so why not consider some of the local treats:
- Stroll the pearl white sands and rock pools of the beautiful Boat Harbour Beach located nearby.
- Visit the historic township of Stanley and ride the chair lift to the top of the Nut.
- View the fields of tulips in bloom in early Spring at adjacent Table Cape.
- Trek through ancient forests and listen to the roar of waterfalls as they cascade to canyons below.
- Relax on a scenic cruise on the picturesque Gordon or Arthur Rivers.
- Make a day trip to stunning Cradle Mountain.
- Or, simply settle in front of your cottage fire with a good book, some local cheese and complimentary port.